This legislation will reform current guidelines to improve the disclosure of financial information for student borrowers.
"As a professor at
"I relied on Pell Grants, scholarships, and federal loans all through school, just like my students do today. I know students need guidance and assistance to manage their student debt. While
Higher education institutions providing financial counseling that enables students to better manage their debt see double-digit reductions in student loan debt.
H.R. 4984, which passed by a vote of 405 to 11, reforms current guidelines to implement these best practices.
Watch the video of Congresswoman Sinema talking about the Empowering Students Through Enhanced Financial Counseling Act:
Read this original document at: http://sinema.house.gov/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=B50A02B1-52AD-45AE-B9CD-07AE0C8599DC
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million