When used properly, microfinance which can build the capacity of the poor masses to generate jobs and produce wealth in a sustainable way, is being seen as an indispensable tool to alleviate poverty in
As the Rwandan Government's investment arm, the
Since the BRD has Rwf15 million mark as the least amount it can lend to an individual or a business, it does not reach a certain class of prospective clients' mostly small-and-medium enterprises (SMEs), which equally invest on financially-viable projects but with small amounts of fund.
Hence, microfinance refunding is the best tool for BRD to boost its outreach to rural investment with greater impact on both depth and width.
A senior official of BRD said the bank concentrates on amplification of its refunding system through which MFIs have been financially empowered to ease SME growth, particularly targeting women and youth.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006