The company attributed the result to lower production and a heavier tax burden.
An additional negative factor was an 8 percent increase in the cost of sales, which climbed from
Pemex's total sales, meanwhile, rose to
Gross income - total sales minus cost of sales - amounted to
The company said its income before taxes totaled
Pemex's liabilities, which include short- and long-term debt, taxes and duties payable and employee benefits, amounted to
The company said hydrocarbon exports totaled
But crude production fell to an average of 2.47 million barrels per day in the second quarter, down 1.9 percent from the same period of last year, due to a 5.9 percent drop in production at the once-giant Cantarell and other fields.
Pemex will become a "state productive enterprise" under
The process of securing congressional approval for the overhaul's secondary laws is nearly complete and is expected to conclude in August.
The historic energy overhaul, enacted last year, is aimed at reversing that decline by allowing private companies to develop crude reserves for the first time since 1938.
Supporters of the overhaul argued that the participation of major multinational energy companies under profit- and production-sharing contracts and licenses is needed to develop promising deep-water reserves in the
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006