Air Canada, Talisman in focus
Futures pointed to a lower opening for
The S&P/TSX composite index was 0.07 points north of breakeven to close Thursday's session at 15,394.45. Futures Friday morning were lower 0.1%.
The Canadian dollar dipped
Talisman Energy, approached by
Barclays cut the rating on Cenovus Energy to equal-weight from overweight
Markets look set to chalk up another week of gains, barring surprises Friday.
Ahead of the opening bell, futures for the Dow Jones Industrials slid 20 points, or 0.1%, to 16,978. Futures for the S&P 500 gave back 3.25 points, or 0.2%, to 1,977.50, and futures for the NASDAQ shed 11.75 points, or 0.3%, to 3,960.
21st Century Fox has sold its satellite TV operations in
Shares of Amazon fell nearly 10% in pre-market trading after the company posted a larger than expected loss.
Yahoo and Ebay were also weaker. Facebook gained nearly 0.7% after hitting an all-time high Thursday on bumper earnings.
Russian stocks were down 1%, extending their losses for the year. German business confidence fell for a third month in a row as geopolitical tensions continued to take their toll.
Most European markets were weaker in early trade, although robust
Asian markets ended the week mixed.
Oil prices dipped
Gold prices gained
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006