Today, a bipartisan bill introduced by Congressman
H.R. 4984, the Empowering Students through Enhanced Financial Counseling Act, will reform the current guidelines to require annual counseling for student borrowers and enhance their understanding of financial aid.
"A good education is very important in today's job market, but so is being financially literate," said Congressman Guthrie. "My bill ensures students have the knowledge to understand how much money they are borrowing, which financial options they should draw from first, and the implications of their future debt load and repayment scenarios. We have seen that students who are equipped with this knowledge leave school with significantly lower debt burdens."
H.R. 4984, which passed out of committee on
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140724-4808791 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- ISIS Grew Strong as al-Qaida Weakened