The Dow Jones industrial average lost 127 points, 0.8 percent, to 16,956. The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell eight points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,979. The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite dropped 25 points, or 0.6 percent, to 4,446.
Amazon's stock slumped
The Dow was dragged down by Visa, which fell
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists