A negative reaction to the latest batch of earnings news is likely to weigh on the markets, with shares of Amazon (AMZN) falling sharply in pre-market trading.
The downward momentum for Amazon comes after the online retailer reported a wider than expected second quarter loss after the close of trading on Thursday.
Credit card giant Visa (V) may also come under pressure in early trading after reporting better than expected third quarter earnings but lowering its full-year revenue guidance.
Pandora (P) and
Geopolitical concerns may also contribute to early weakness on
Meanwhile, the futures did not show much reaction to a report from the
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery