"This project helps achieve the goal of the Integrated Sanitation Plan for Ciudad de la Costa which has been underway since 2009 with support from the IDB, in terms of improving the quality of people's lives through access to the sanitation network system," said
The project calls for the construction of 100 kilometers of secondary networks and sinks, providing access to sanitation (http://www.iadb.org/en/topics/water-sanitation/water-and-sanitation-initiative,1486.html) service to 6,700 homes; completing the sewerage grid in the western district of Ciudad de la Costa; building 2.2 kilometers of sink and seven pumping stations; and replacing 120 kilometers of drinking water grid in the western and central areas of the city, improving the quality of service to 7,000 homes. Overall, the project is expected to benefit some 20,000 people.
Sanitation workers of the public company Obras Sanitarias del Estado (OSE) will be trained to ensure adequate operation and maintenance of the sewerage system in Ciudad de la Costa. It includes a waste water treatment plant, an underwater outfall, the pumping station grid and the sewerage networks.
TNS 30BautistaJude 140724-4806608 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say