AUCTION house Sotheby's has announced that it will auction key works of Middle Eastern as well as international artists in
As a precursor to this auction, Sotheby's is holding an exhibition of outstanding works by regional artists such as
'The Chase', which reveals the artist's firm understanding of eastern as well as western tradition, is an example of fluent juxtaposition of Persian miniatures and wanton brushstrokes, creating a mesmerising visual effect.
Also up on display is
Following last year's record-breaking sale of
'Three Brothers' by another Iranian artist
The unique blend of traditional and avant-garde creates an elegantly distinctive style. She has readapted reverse-glass painting, Khatam kari (inlaid marquetry) and Aineh-kari (mirror mosaics) " both defining decorative features of Persian stately homes and palaces " to create a breathtakingly modern geometric mirror triptych.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season