The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) is pleased to announce the launch of a new version of its smartphone app, The MATCH Program Rating and Interview Scheduling Manager, or PRISM, for applicants participating in NRMP's Main Residency Match® and Specialties Matching Service®. PRISM permits applicants to track and organize program information during the interview process and develop program ratings and summaries in advance of creating their rank order lists. Rank order lists are used by the NRMP to match applicants into available training positions in U.S teaching hospitals.
"PRISM is uniquely designed to help applicants organize information they obtain during interviews, so we were eager to make it available for applicants to both residency and fellowship programs," said NRMP Executive Director
What is included in The MATCH PRISM?
• a schedule of events for the Main Residency Match and each of NRMP's 27 fellowship Matches
• a comprehensive directory of programs participating in all NRMP Matches, including contact information, NRMP and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education® (ACGME®) program codes, website links, and the number of positions the program is offering in the Match
• a program rating system using the twenty factors that respondents to
• a calendar that syncs to the calendar on the user's mobile device and allows applicants to track whether they have applied to a program and scheduled or completed an interview
• a "notes" function for entering free-form text about each program
The Match PRISM app is free and available for download from Apple and Android from Google PlayTM. Google Play is a registered trademark of
The NRMP Match
The Match uses a computerized mathematical algorithm to align the rank ordered preferences of applicants with those of residency and fellowship program directors in order to fill training positions available at U.S. teaching hospitals. Research on the NRMP algorithm was a basis for awarding the 2012 Nobel Prize in Economics.
The National Resident Matching Program® (NRMP®) is a private, non-profit organization established in 1952 at the request of medical students to provide an orderly and fair mechanism for matching the preferences of applicants for U.S. residency positions with the preferences of residency program directors. In addition to the Main Residency Match, the NRMP conducts fellowship Matches for more than 50 subspecialties. For more information, contact NRMP at 1-866-653-NRMP (6767) or visit http://www.nrmp.org. For interviews, please email email@example.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12036721.htm
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore