Stocks closed higher in the earnings announcements session at KSE led by oil and fertilizer sector stocks on strong earnings outlook.
At local equity market benchmark KSE-100 share index posted a fresh gain of 63.34 points or 0.21 percent to end the day at 30465.43 points compared to 30402.09 points of the previous day.
Renewed foreign interest, expectations for favourable announcements on revised GIDC levy in fertilizer sector, rising cement exports and higher international oil prices played a catalyst role in bullish sentiments at KSE. Above expected earnings in banking and auto sector impacted the sentiments positively, analyst observed here.
KSE-Allshare index up by 33.76 points or 0.15 percent to stop the trading at 22315.57 points, KSE-30 index gained 19.07 points or 0.09 percent to close the trading at 21200.33 points while KMI-30 index grew by 40.72 points or 0.08 percent to conclude the session at 49560.60 points.
Trading took place in 326 companies where 139 closed in green and 169 in negative while the value of 18 stocks remained intact. Bata (Pak) and Shezan Inter were the biggest price gainers of the day up by
Market traded 131.080 million shares after opening at 148.086 million shares and the value of traded shares jumped to
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor