The company said the profit amounted to
Revenue, net of royalties, totalled
Production averaged 334,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, up from 310,000 boepd a year ago, while the average realized price was
"Our continued investment in longer-wavelength projects such as heavy oil thermals, resource plays and oil sands provide steady production and more predictable cash flow to support our growth projects in the
"Our new thermal developments are delivering well above their nameplate designs and production was further boosted this quarter by strong performance from our resource plays and the start up of the Liwan gas project."
Last month, Husky said the cost of the first phase of its Sunrise oilsands project in northern
However, the company has not provided details on how much higher costs could climb, as a final estimate has not been completed.
Sunrise Phase 1 was most recently projected to cost
The first phase aims to produce 60,000 barrels of oil per day using steam-assisted gravity drainage, or SAGD, technology to extract the bitumen.
Sunrise is part of a joint-venture with
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say