Around 90 per cent of deaths from malaria occur in sub-Saharan Africa and 77 per cent of those are in the under-fives.
No effective vaccine is available and GSK has been working on this one for the past 30 years.
The WHO may recommend the drug's use from 2015, dependent on the EMA decision.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms