“Previous 3D solutions have focused on the reconstruction of a stack of image slices through a sample to produce a 3D rendering. Maps could be displayed by color coding according to signal intensity, and, while they could be modified with typical visualization tools like rotation, zoom and thresholding, there was little additional interpretative information available,” notes Dr.
“With TEAM™ 3D IQ,
TEAM 3D IQ fully opens up the next dimension in materials characterization, allowing users to extract the maximum information from their 3D acquisitions. Each X-ray is not only identified but also tagged with x, y and z coordinates, building a true 3D dataset to work from.
“Once the dataset is collected, users have a large toolbox of utilities to choose from, enabling them to fully define the important region of interest. “Along with these standard 3D tools, there are advanced functions like proxigrams and line scans, which allow a deeper understanding of spatial relationships between elements,” adds Dr. Camus.
TEAM 3D IQ is seamlessly integrated with EDAX’s powerful TEAM EDS software, and data can be shared between the programs with a single click. That teamwork enables full utilization of EDS quant tools for the 3D datasets, including Phase Maps, Quant Maps and
TEAM 3D IQ expands the depth of understanding of 3D data, moving the results from the qualitative to the full quantitative domain, giving
About AMETEK EDAX
Sue Arnell EDAX, Inc.
Click here to view a 3D rendering of a hybrid display containing cadmium x-rays as magenta dots, sulphur x-rays as an orange volume, and oxygen x -rays as a blue transparent volume. (http://www.edax.com/LargeDownload/TEAM%203D%20IQ/CdTe.mov)
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'