Re: DE 13-216,
In your filing, you maintained that you were unaware of the applicable NEPOOL-GIS trading deadlines, due to relative inexperience with the REC markets, and as a result you failed to act prior to these deadlines to transfer ownership of the 13 RECs generated by the Gould Pennacook PV facility during the second and third calendar quarters of2013.1 This failure resulted in the retirement of these RECs towards the Residual Mix.2
To resolve this discrepancy, the Commission has the authority to approve reinstatement of eligible Class II RECs back into the Gould-Pennacook account. This action would effectively permit the RECs in question to be transferred and banked to meet future RPS compliance obligations.
Based on information provided to Commission Staff by the NEPOOL-GIS administrator, the following table summarizes the status of the 13 RECs in question:
Click here to view table (http://www.puc.state.nh.us/Regulatory/Secretarial%20Letters/072214slDE13-216%20David%20Gould.PDF)
Staff has recommended that the Commission approve reinstatement of the seven Class II RECs generated by the Gould-Pennacook PV facility during August and
The Commission has reviewed your request'and Staffs recommendation, and has detennined it is consistent with its statutory authority and NEPOOL-GIS rules to reinstate the seven RECs created with respect to Gould-Pennacook generation during August and
1. Your notarized statement attesting that the NEPOOL-GIS certificates listed in the statement have not otherwise been, nor will be, sold, retired, claimed, used, or represented as part of electrical energy output or sales, or used to satisfy obligations, in any jurisdiction(s) other than
2. A copy of this Commission secretarial letter approving reinstatement of the seven Class II RECs; and
3. An amended E-2500 Report filed by the provider for the 2013 RPS compliance year listing the seven Class II RECs as banked for future use, which amended Report has been accepted by the Commission. This decision regarding the aforementioned NEPOOL-GIS certificates shall not be regarded as establishing a precedent, and the Commission may deny any similar requests for reinstatement or waiver in the future. A copy of this letter is being sent to the NEPOOL-GIS administrator.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists