The chip maker posted an interim dividend of
CSR posted a pretax profit of
In its second quarter, the company's revenue declined to
These legacy products consist of discontinued business lines acquired as part of CSR's merger with
The products are gradually phasing out of the business, and made up only 9% of revenue in the second quarter. CSR continues to expect the products to decline by around 70% in 2014 compared to the previous year, and legacy revenue to be minimal during 2015.
Additionally, core revenue declined to
However, CSR said expects its core businesses to return to growth during the second half of 2014 and in 2015, as its voice and music division is expected to show strong growth in the third and fourth quarters of this year.
CSR, like may of its peers, is looking to new trends such as wearables and the 'internet of things' as potential opportunities for its business. In February it announced a Bluetooth Smart technology called CSRmesh intended for the internet-of-things market, and said it has seen a high level of interest in the technology.
"I am particularly excited by the customer response for Bluetooth Smart, which includes multiple design wins for CSRmesh, positioning us well for the rapidly developing Internet of Things market for home automation and consumer lighting," said Chief Executive
Shares in CSR were trading down 2.7% at
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site