The agreement enables yuan and Swiss francs to be purchased and repurchased between the
The SNB obtained a yuan investment quota, which it could invest a part of its foreign exchange reserves in the Chinese bond market.
The SNB flagged its ambition to build an offshore yuan hub saying that the swap agreement is a key prerequisite for the development of the yuan market in
The swap is a tool to provide liquidity support for bilateral economic and trade exchanges and help maintain financial stability.
Its position as the world's biggest trading hub for bankers, gives it a strong edge in its competition with
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market