ENP Newswire -
Release date- 23072014 - Bill sponsored by the
California Insurance Commissioner
The new law requires disclosure language on the front of the policy jacket or on the coversheet for an immediate annuity that aligns with the disclosure language already required for the more common deferred annuity products. Immediate annuities are purchased with a single lump-sum payment and pay a guaranteed income which starts almost immediately.
'The new disclosure requirements provide important consumer protections for seniors and those purchasing annuities,' said Insurance Commissioner Jones. 'AB 2347 ensures consumers have the necessary information when considering these long-term investment products, which can tie-up a senior's money for decades.'
Consumer protection and helping seniors avoid possible financial hardship is paramount to the mission of the
Under this law those getting immediate annuities are guaranteed a 30-day free look period giving consumers time to ensure the product is right for them. These changes will simplify and clarify disclosures and provide clarification to insurers which will assist them in their compliance efforts.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say