Boeings shares fell as much as three per cent after the company said it took a
The planemaker said the charge reflected additional engineering and system installation costs related to the aerial tanker programme, which has already raised concerns over cost overruns.
"It is worrying that
The planemaker retained its cash-flow outlook at
"This may create doubt as to whether
The company delivered 181 aircraft in the second quarter. This included 30 Dreamliner jets and 124 narrow-body 737s.
The company's ability to churn out Dreamliner jets is crucial to its financial performance this year as it is relying on commercial jets to offset a weak defence business. While
The planemaker delivered its first stretched Dreamliner 787-9 in the quarter.
The company's net income rose to
It recorded tax benefits of
"While the headline earnings number looked good at first glance, it turned out that it was helped to a large degree by one-time tax benefits," he said.
Revenue rose one per cent to
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'