Asset sales boost KKR payouts ? Private equity firm KKR said yesterday that its second-quarter earnings more than tripled year-on-year as a string of lucrative asset sales led to its highest dividend on record. Like its alternative asset manager peers, KKR has taken advantage of the rally in equity and debt markets to sell some of its companies at high valuations. In April, it also acquired a speciality finance company it previously managed after agreeing to pay out that company's income as dividends.
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities