Revenues rose nine per cent to Dh917 million in the April to May period compared to the 2013 second quarter.
Second quarter results contributed to a record half-year, the company said in a statement, with net profit increasing to Dh159.5 million, up 13 per cent, while revenues rose 7 per cent to Dh1.76 billion.
The logistics company said the GCC market was the key driver for growth but also said the first year saw stronger performances from operations in
"Our net profits for the first half and second quarter of the year, excluding the one-off cost of acquiring Mail Call, are Dh165.2 million, and Dh86.5 million respectively reflecting 17 per cent and 20 per cent growth over the same period last year," stated
Thursday's results for the first half do, however, include a one-off cost of Dh5.642 million related to the Australian Mail Call acquisition.
In June, the company said it purchased the Australian logistics company for Dh114 million.
In the results statement, Hachem said
He added that
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World