The yen rose to 5-1/2- month highs of 136.41 against the euro and 112.26 against the Swiss franc, from early lows of 136.74 and 112.51, respectively. At yesterday's close, the yen was trading at 136.57 against the euro and 112.40 against the franc.
Against the pound and the US dollar, the yen climbed to 172.96 and 101.33, from early lows of 173.27 and 101.53, respectively. The yen closed yesterday's deals at 173.11 against the pound and 101.45 against the greenback.
If the yen extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 135.99 against the euro, 172.29 against the pound, 111.56 against the Swiss franc and 100.99 against the greenback.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists