The meager gains were enough to mark another high close for the Standard & Poor's 500 index.
The S&P 500 edged up three points, or 0.2 percent, to 1,987. That was two points higher than its last record close reached on
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 26 points, or 0.2 percent, to 17,086. The Nasdaq composite rose 17 points, or 0.4 percent, to 4,473.
Bond prices were little changed. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note held steady at 2.47 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World