Including re-mortgage and other secured borrowing, mortgage approvals totaled 68,121 in June, up from 65,394 a month ago.
BBA said mortgage approval volumes recovered slightly in June following the introduction of the new mortgage rules which had a limited impact on application processes as the rules were bedding in.
"But the jury is still out on exactly how the new rules are affecting customer applications or approvals,"
Gross mortgage borrowing totaled
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore