Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "This suggests that direct and basic dyestuffs are contained within the resulting BC samples. Analysis of wide angle x-ray diffraction (WAXD) data indicates that direct dyestuffs inhibited crystallization of BC at dyestuff concentration in culture media (C-dye) of more than 0.05 wt% with lower angle shift of the diffraction peak for the (200) plane of BC, but almost no influence on BC crystallization in the case of basic dyestuff was observed. In addition, we investigated the crystallinity of regenerated cellulose (RC) from a cuprammonium solution and the reaction of RC with the dyestuffs. The dyestuffs had almost no impact on the crystallinity of RC even in cases where the samples showed staining. It was found that the apparent crystallite size of (110) and (020) in the RC samples with dyestuffs were slightly lower than that in the RC blank sample, while the apparent crystallite size of (110) in the RC samples with dyestuffs retain the values at the same level as the RC blank sample."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "These results suggest that the cellulose molecular sheets held together by
For more information on this research see: Influence of dyestuffs on the crystallinity of a bacterial cellulose and a regenerated cellulose.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include: Hyogo,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?