Speaking in response to the report from the
The report concluded that the loans system is 'approaching a tipping point for [...] financial viability', and UCU said that this instability is having a negative impact on universities and their staff.
UCU general secretary,
'This report is yet more proof that the time has come for an urgent and radical overhaul of student finance; we would like to see clear commitments to this in each of the parties' manifestos as we approach the next election.'
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore