Sony MEA FZE has launched Alpha A6000, which it is claimed to offer "the quickest AF performance of any interchangeable lens digital camera, snapping subjects into sharp focus in just 0.06 seconds".
The camera comes with a 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processor.
A 179-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor is combined with high-precision contrast-detection AF to deliver "the world's fastest AF performance of any interchangeable lens camera", plus continuous shooting at 11fps with "highly accurate" autofocus tracking.
The unit's OLED Tru-Finder consists of four double aspherical lenses allowing photographers to preview the effects of adjusting focus, exposure and other settings.
Mode and control dials on top of the camera allow adjustment of shooting settings while focused on a scene. Seven customisable buttons, including two dedicated custom buttons, give access to any one of 43 assignable functions.
Standard sharing options are also available through on-board Wi-Fi and one-touch connection with NFC-compatible Android smartphones and tablets. A single touch also activates Smart Remote Control, linking the camera to fire the shutter from a distance and view photos on your mobile.
The Alpha A6000 is currently available at all Jumbo outlets and select electronics retailers in the
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery