The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "One of these ground test platforms is the hardware-in-loop test platform (Iron Bird). The processing of tolerance bounds to define the pass/fail criteria is an algorithmic development. It guarantees the correctness of the modules, if the set of inputs generates a set of outputs within processed tolerance bounds. This paper presents the philosophy behind the design of test cases and the tools developed to evaluate the control-law and air-data-system modules on the Iron Bird platform, and the procedure to clear the test results. The computation of tolerance bounds and algorithms for their processing have been evolved over a period based on several criteria, testers' experience, and the experience gained during various levels of testing of air-data-system and control-law algorithms."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "This process yielded excellent results, and is accepted as a formal clearance methodology for the onboard safety-critical fly-by-wire system software."
For more information on this research see: Clearance of
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy