The Pakistan Economy Watch (PEW) on Wednesday said country would need
It appears that government will have to borrow more from international lenders to repay loans. He said that the government had also borrowed
The incumbent government whose top officials frequently criticized former government for reckless borrowing has been obtaining 300 percent more funds from local lenders than what the PPP-led government used to borrow from domestic sources, he noted.
The government has failed to introduce policies which can boost reserves without loans, bar flight of capital, broaden tax net or lure investors, he said. "Government should stop blaming former rulers for poor economic performance and take positive steps to boost economy. The situation will only improve if growth is accelerated, elite class people are taxed, agriculture is promoted and princely living is abandoned," Dr Mughal concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006