The Governor, who was represented by the Commissioner of Agriculture Alhaji Idris Rikiji, has made this revelation at the inauguration of the National Agriculture Payment Initiative (NAPI).
Yari has further said that the Zamfara Government plans to approach the Central Bank of
He has also said that the State Government offers fertiliser to the farmers at N1,000 for each 50 kg. Moreover, there is a provision for a subsidy of 50% on all agricultural materials too.
Yari added, This administration is ready to go to any length in assisting farmers to improve their livelihoods.
Addressing the gathering, the CBN spokesperson Mr.
Walter has further said that the Nigerian apex lender has been focused on agricultural sector and is willing to persuade them to work more with a commitment to support financially.
The Managing Director of Cellulant Nigeria Limited Mr.
According to Akinboro, the scheme delivers trouble-free links to access agricultural offerings, comprising loans.
He has asked the farming community to protect their farms via insurance policies so that they get help if they face any calamity.
Akinboro has also disclosed that a loan of N20,000 will be extended to a farmer if he collects one bag fertilizer and added that the loan amount will be doubled for the two-bag fertilizer collector.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays