The bank's operating income for the period increased by 9 per cent to 174.6 million compared to 160.18 million reported in the first half of 2013.
Total assets increased to Dh12.55 billion at the close of the first half of 2014 from Dh12.53 billion at the year end 2013 while loans and advances increased to Dh7.38 billion from Dh7 billion in the same period.
The bank's net interest income was up 6 per cent in the first half of 2014 to Dh224 million as fees and commissions income declined to Dh23.63 million at the close of the first half of 2014 from Dh24.4 million in the same period in 2013.
On the liability side of the balance sheet, customer deposits were at Dh7.48 billion, marginally up from Dh7.44 billion as at the year end 2013.
Provisions for impaired loans declined 32 per cent to Dh22.8 million in the first half of 2014 from Dh34 million in the same period last year.
NBQ's capital adequacy ratio as at
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades