The decision to raise rates on these policies by approximately up to 75 basis points -- different rate structures exist across different policies -- reflects the actual experience of our investment return.
"At MetLife Hong Kong, we keep a close eye on market trends and try to stay one step ahead. We're also a customer-centric company. The decision to raise rates on these policies will improve returns and reflects our ongoing effort to provide the most competitive and attractive products," saidLennard Yong, Chief Executive Officer at MetLife Hong Kong.
The new rate of 4.5% is one of the highest(1) for participating US dollar dividend and coupon accumulation policies among the major insurance market players inHong
For all participating policies issued by MetLife Hong Kong, dividends and/or cash coupons paid to policyholders can be left with MetLife Hong Kong to accumulate with interest at a rate based on market conditions and investment performance. The interest rates offered are usually more competitive than a time deposit savings rate available from banks.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million