The yield on the bellwether 10-year Japanese government bond ended Thursday morning slightly lower on solid buying following a smooth auction of 20-year government bonds the previous day.
The yield on the No. 334, 0.6 percent issue, the main yardstick of long-term interest rates, ended morning interdealer trading at 0.525 percent, down 0.005 percentage point from Wednesday's close.
The price of the September futures contract for 10-year bonds was up 0.07 point to 146.00 on the Osaka Exchange.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller