The Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing, and Trade, chaired by Rep.
Nanotechnology presents great opportunities to advance a broad range of industries from manufacturing to the environment to healthcare and more, and the science behind nanotechnology is led by premier research institutions across the country. Next week's hearing will explore the current state of nanotechnology and the direction it is headed so members can gain a better understanding of the policy changes that may be necessary to keep up with advancements. Ultimately, the subcommittee hopes to better understand what issues will confront regulators and how to assess the challenges and opportunities of nanotechnology.
The Majority Memorandum, a witness list, and witness testimony will be available here http://energycommerce.house.gov/hearing/nanotechnology-understanding-how-small-solutions-drive-big-innovation as they are posted.
Read this original document at: http://energycommerce.house.gov/press-release/hearing-notice-subcommittee-commerce-manufacturing-and-trade-0
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star