Findings from G. Utrera et al Has Provided New Information about Supercomputing (Scheduling parallel jobs on multicore clusters using CPU oversubscription)
Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "Many of such decisions consist on just moving ahead some specific jobs in the wait queue. In this work, we propose a job scheduling strategy that improves the overall performance and maximizes resource utilization by allowing jobs to adapt to variations in the load through CPU oversubscription and backfilling. The experimental evaluations include both real executions on multicore clusters and simulations of workload traces from real production systems."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The results show that our strategy provides significant improvements over previous proposals like Gang Scheduling with Backfilling, especially in medium to high workloads with strong variations."
For more information on this research see: Scheduling parallel jobs on multicore clusters using CPU oversubscription.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from G. Utrera, Barcelona Supercomp Center,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement