The company's shares climbed nearly 4 per cent in extended trading after the results came out, signalling that they could hit a record high when the stock market opens on Thursday.
Adjusted earnings were
Facebook's revenue jumped 61 per cent to
Advertising revenue jumped 67 per cent to
The steady increase indicates that Facebook is succeeding in steering advertisers to its mobile platform at a time when most of its users are using mobile devices to access the social network.
Facebook had 1.32 billion active users at the end of June, up 14 per cent from a year earlier. On average, 829 million people used Facebook every day in June, up 19 per cent from a year earlier. The number of people who log in at least once a day on mobile devices was 654 million on average in June, up 14 per cent from a year earlier.
"We had a good second quarter," said CEO
Facebook's stock jumped
Shares of the
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips