The company's shares climbed nearly 4 percent in extended trading after the results came out, signaling that they could hit a record high when the stock market opens on Thursday.
Adjusted earnings were
Facebook's revenue jumped 61 percent to
Advertising revenue jumped 67 percent to
The steady increase indicates that Facebook is succeeding in steering advertisers to its mobile platform at a time when most of its users are using mobile devices to access the social network.
Facebook had 1.32 billion active users at the end of June, up 14 percent from a year earlier. On average, 829 million people used Facebook every day in June, up 19 percent from a year earlier. The number of people who log in at least once a day on mobile devices was 654 million on average in June, up 14 percent from a year earlier.
"We had a good second quarter," said CEO
Facebook's stock jumped
Shares of the
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms