Positive company updates and a more positive mood about the current crises in
But Tesco has slumped to a near 10 year low, down 2.35p at 275p on continuing concerns about a possible price war with
Among the gainers BHP Billiton is 13.5p better at £20.68 after the mining group beat full year guidance for iron ore production by 4%. The company's chief executive
We expect to maintain strong momentum and remain on track to generate group production growth of 16% over the two years to the end of the 2015 financial year.
The news has lifted rival
Elsewhere outsourcing group Capita has climbed 43p to £11.98 after it reported a 16% rise in underlying half year profit to £238m.
But SSE is leading the fallers, down 49p at £14.92 after the energy group's shares went ex-dividend.
Among the mid-caps
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million