Members of the
Speaking to journalists in Gusau, Minority Leader of the House,
Dole alleged that last Tuesday, the APC legislators attempted to illegally approve a request by the state governor to secure a N3 billion loan.
The loan which was to be obtained from the Central Bank of
The Minority Leader, who maintained that due process should be followed in the proceedings, alleged that minutes from the last sitting were not read before commencement of the business of the day.
He said the development led to a clash between the members which resulted in the breaking of the mace and a walk out by members of the opposition party.
Dole further described as illegal, the action of APC lawmakers, who according to him, signed the attendance register on behalf of three other members on the
Reacting to the allegations, the state Commissioner for Information, Alhaji Ibrahim Birnin Magaji, said members of the opposition party are carried along in all activities at the Assembly. He said the loan being sort followed an advice by the federal government.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed