2020's innovative implementation approach will provide USPTO with improved agility to support new and changing USPTO business requirements in support of reducing Patent pendency and improving operational efficiency. The company will support the implementation of both of these contracts in J2EE compliant code, which will allow USPTO IT products and services to easily adapt to the ever changing Patent business processes in a more timely and cost effective manner.
The PALM system is the core Patents Automated Information System (AIS), and it supports the prosecution, tracking, and monitoring of both Patent and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications through their life cycles. PALM also enables the processing of over 700,000 patent applications each year, over 15 million transactions per month, and serves the needs of over 8,000 patent staff. It also provides over 127 services and interfaces for data consumption to various Patent and Corporate systems at USPTO across multiple platforms using various technologies, such as Advantage: Gen Proxies, web services, and EJB services and ESB services.
The PALM Pre-EXAM system was originally coded using a proprietary software solution using
"We are honored to have been selected to provide support to the U.S. Patent and
In addition to this award, 2020 performs the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the mission-critical PALM systems mentioned above and provides software development services for PALM and other Patent systems.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton