The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose eight points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,982 in early trading Tuesday.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 56 points, or 0.3 percent, to 17,108 points. The Nasdaq composite rose 28 points, or 0.6 percent, to 4,452.
European markets rose. The DAX in
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.48 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- ISIS Grew Strong as al-Qaida Weakened