Jonathan in his address said rice production was scaling up in the country as evident in the increase in the number of integrated rice mills from one to 18 in the past three years.
"I look forward to the day when
The president noted therefore that the country's dream of becoming a net exporter of rice will be fast-tracked by encouraging large commercial farms as a way of complementing small-scale farmers.
Jonathan promised to always support public-private partnership aimed at developing the country's agricultural sector as part of effort to help the country achieve its developmental goals.
Olam Nigeria Country Head,
"We hope that the success of our rice model will kick-start domestic production in a similar manner, unlocking the opportunity for businesses and smallholders alike, and reducing
A statement by
Srivathsan also noted that the mill demonstrates how large-scale commercial farms can work hand in hand with smallholders to help advance
The company which started in
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports