AlgÉrie TÉlÉcom has selected Nokia Networks to modernise its transport network sites with the highly flexible 'Seamless MPLS' network.
Nokia Networks Global Services project management and network implementation will assure the smooth deployment of the IP/MPLS (Internet Protocol/Multi Protocol Label Switching) solution from
The deployment will save operating costs and enable AlgÉrie TÉlÉcom to offer flexible end-to-end transport services more efficiently and securely across network domains.
Nokia Networks will also provide network planning, optimisation and systems integration to ensure that the operator's network can deliver the necessary throughput, latency and resiliency for the highest quality of service.
A five-year contract also provides hardware, software and competence development services to protect AlgÉrie TÉlÉcom's capital investment.
Azouaou Mehmel, president and CEO of AlgÉrie TÉlÉcom Group said: "This project underlines our resolve to deliver a truly differentiated customer experience to our subscribers."
"Following our recent LTE contract with AlgÉrie TÉlÉcom, this is another important step in our long-standing partnership with the operator," said
"This engagement is a strong proof-point of Nokia Networks' commitment to take AlgÉrie TÉlÉcom to the next level of communications technology. And, we will continue to work together in helping the operator address future challenges and opportunities alike," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World