"Islamic Textiles: From the
"This beautiful and scholarly book is the first comprehensive guide to these magnificent textiles, which have all been collected over a 20-year period by H.H. Dr. Sheikh
"This is the second publication in our series highlighting key pieces from the collections of the
The textile collection featured in the book ranges from 11th to 15th Hijri century (17th to 21st century AD). It stands as a peerless showcase of the exceptional resources, precious materials and artistic excellence that has been lavished on these textiles throughout the ages, and which continues to be today. It also speaks of Muslims' heart-felt sense of duty and dedication in preserving and perpetually honouring them.
SMD launched the book on 7 July , during the staging of 'Travel through the land', a unique exhibition that explores the journey of transportation across various ages and brings together artifacts, 3D models, paintings and photographs from seven different museums which fall under SMD.
This exhibition is SMD's cultural contribution to the Sharjah
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists