MADRID - James Rodriguez has signed a six-year deal with Real Madrid.
The club says the 23-year-old Colombia forward, who scored a tournament-leading six goals at the World Cup in Brazil, will be presented to fans at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium on Tuesday afternoon.
Rodriguez passed a medical examination earlier at the Sanitas Clinic in the northern suburb of La Moraleja.
Sports newspapers Marca and As said Madrid agreed to pay Monaco 80 million euros ($108 million) for Rodriguez, and that the player would join the squad on Aug. 1.
Rodriguez, who had joined Monaco from FC Porto last year, is Madrid's second signing after Germany midfielder Toni Kroos joined Thursday from Bayern Munich.
Original headline: Colombia forward James Rodriguez signs 6-year deal to play at Real Madrid
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year