Fitch's CDS Index for European banks is 16% wider, compared to a month ago. In contrast, CDS for European issuers overall has widened just 6% over the same time period.
"CDS referencing banks domiciled in
"Market concerns over Banco Espirito Santo in recent weeks have likely fuelled the CDS widening," Allmendinger added.
Fitch Solutions case studies build on data from its CDS Pricing Service and proprietary quantitative models, including CDS Implied Ratings. These credit risk indicators are designed to provide real-time, market-based views of creditworthiness. As such, they can and often do reflect more short term market views on factors such as currencies, seasonal market effects and short-term technical influences. This is in contrast to Fitch Ratings' Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs), which are based on forward-looking fundamental credit analysis over an extended period of time.
Fitch Solutions, a division of the
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are part of the
Athos Larkou, +44 203 530 1549,
Source: Fitch Solutions
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports