The meeting is to discuss further sanctions against
EU countries are likely to push for an expansion of "tier 2" sanctions against
Meanwhile, US Secretary of State
The rising gap in monetary policies among the
Traders focus on the US CPI for June, due shortly. Stronger-than-expected inflation reading may support the case for the Federal Reserve bringing forward the time line for increasing interest rates.
The euro depreciated to 1.3477 against the greenback, its weakest since
Retreating from an early high of 0.7922 against the pound, the euro slipped to a 5-day low of 0.7896. If the euro slides further, 0.78 is seen as its next possible downside level.
Public sector net borrowing excluding financial interventions totaled
The euro declined to a 4-day low of 136.80 against the Japanese yen, after having advanced to a 5-day high of 137.33 in the early Asian session. On the downside, the euro may face support around the 136.00 zone.
The euro slipped to an 11-day low of 1.4477 against the loonie and a new 8-month low of 1.4349 against the aussie, off an early high of 1.4531 and a 4-day high of 1.4445, respectively. The euro is likely to find support around 1.425 against the aussie and 1.44 against the loonie.
The euro retreated to 1.5541 against the kiwi from an early 4-day high of 1.5591. Further weakness may take the euro to a support around the 1.54 zone.
Meanwhile, the euro held steady against the franc, after firming to 1.2153 during early European deals. The pair was worth 1.2143 when it ended deals yesterday.
The trade surplus was at
Looking ahead, US consumer price inflation report for June, house price index for May and existing home sales for June are due to be released in the
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s