SHARES in Tesco slumped nearly four per cent yesterday on fears that dividends could be cut as analysts called for a complete overhaul in strategy under its new chief executive.
JP Morgan analysts said
In a 25-page note, the broker urged Tesco to simplify its ranges, halve the number of promotions and cut prices of its own-brand products to narrow the gap with Asda prices to one per cent from around four per cent today.
It expects Sainsbury's and
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17