Category: Baystreet Newswire
Company: TDM Financial
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2014
WHITEFISH, MT / July 22, 2014 / The Marijuana Index(TM) moved slightly higher last week, despite a 7% drop in GW Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: GWPH) shares. Medbox Inc. (OTC: MDBX), the second largest component of the index, also fell over 5% last week.
Top gainers last week included Nuvilex Inc. (OTC: NVLX), which jumped more than 16.5% after reporting positive results in dogs for its anticancer treatment, Enertopia Corp. (OTC: ENRT), which jumped more than 13% after receiving municipal approval for its MMPR joint venture in Burlington, Ontario, and Novus Acquisition & Development Corp. (OTC: NDEV), which rose more than 12% last week.
Cannabis regulatory initiatives also gained ground last week. In a favorable swing, the U.S. House of Representatives voted to support making it easier for cannabis-related companies to access the commercial banking sector. A new survey also found that U.S. citizens are increasingly embracing both medical and recreational marijuana following the successful rollout of both programs in several states.
- CannLabs Continues to Make Tremendous Strides – CannLabs Inc. (OTC: CANL) recently announced the addition of industry experts to its leadership team, updates to its services to accommodate new Colorado MED testing requirements, and a new ticker symbol.
- West Point Starts Cannabis Breathalyzer Development – West Point Resources Inc. (CNSX: BLO) recently announced that it has selected a prototype development firm to complete the initial version of its Cannabix Marijuana Breathalyzer in partnership with its engineering team.
- A Supreme Opportunity in the Cannabis Space – CannabisFN takes a look at Supreme Pharmaceuticals Inc. (OTC: SPRWF) and its low-risk, high-reward strategy for obtaining licensed producer status from Health Canada under the country’s new MMPR framework introduced this year.
- House Votes to Allow Marijuana-Related Banking – The U.S. House of Representatives voted 236-186 in support of making it easier for cannabis-related businesses to work with commercial banks, a problem that has caused some marijuana businesses to become criminal targets.
- Cannabis Therapy’s Multi-Pronged Approach – CannabisFN takes a look at Cannabis Therapy Inc.’s (OTC: CTCO) unique business strategy, existing hemp cultivation, and why their laboratory research could be a significant catalyst for the stock over the coming quarters.
- Capitalize on the Green Rush with DigiPath – CannabisFN takes a look at DigiPath Inc. (OTC: DIGP) and its unique and synergistic plans within the cannabis industry focusing on laboratory testing, training/education, and cannabis-related media ventures.
What to Watch This Week
The cannabis sector continues to move higher, as it recovers from its lows made earlier this year. In Canada, investors are still waiting for MMPR licensing decisions to be made for several companies, while keeping an eye on the injunction that’s keeping the country’s MMAR program alive for now. In the U.S., regulators appear to be increasingly supportive of cannabis, as state-wide experiments continue to be positive in terms of both public safety and tax revenue from cannabis.
CannabisFN.com is a dedicated financial network covering new, emerging and established companies operating in the burgeoning multi-billion dollar medical marijuana ("MMJ") and cannabis industries. CannabisFN’s coverage is syndicated on the leading industry specific and mainstream financial websites and social media. To learn more and request a media kit, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com/market-defining-companies-program/.
To subscribe to the CannabisFN newsletter or read additional coverage on cannabis laws and investments, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com.
Disclaimer: Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and may increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its services in the form of cash-based compensation or equity securities in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.
SOURCE: Emerging Growth LLC