"Midnight Rider" director
The filmmakers had just begun shooting their movie based on Allman's life on
"This devastating loss of Sarah, a young crew member who was just starting out with us, will haunt us forever," Miller and Savin's statement said. "Our hearts are broken, our spirits are broken."
Sheriff's investigators said the filmmakers climbed onto the train trestle without permission from
The indictment charges Miller, Savin and
"When the true facts of the events are revealed, people will know that this was not a crime: we never had criminal intent; we would never knowingly or intentionally put anybody's safety at risk," Miller and Savin's statement said. "This was a horrible tragedy and a horrific accident."
A spokeswoman for the law firm representing Jones' parents —
Involuntary manslaughter is a felony carrying a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison under
Production on "Midnight Rider" was halted after the crash. Allman filed a civil lawsuit against Miller and Savin seeking to prevent them from restarting the project. They settled out of court without disclosing terms.
Miller directed the 2008 film "Bottle Shock" as well as "
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor